And we are back, Lovebirds!
We wrote this blog a while ago but we do feel like this is still very relevant. So we revamped a few things! For those engaged couples, take some time to read through this!
Today we are diving into the 5 questions a couple should ask themselves before investing in your wedding photographer. These questions will help set expectations as well as realistic mindset when investing in photography services for your wedding day. Let’s dive in! Some of these might look familiar, check it out here but this is for what couples should think through.
5 Questions a Couple should ask themselves before investing in a wedding photographer.
What is your vision for your engagement and wedding photography?
- This is probably the first question you should ask yourselves before going into the interview stage of investing. Visualizing what your wedding day will look like, helps you determine the type of photography you want for your engagement and wedding. If you are into chic classic, I recommend hiring a fine art wedding photographer. If your wedding is more of a laid back wedding, then we recommend more of a photo-journalist wedding photographer.
Is wedding photography important to you?
- Yes, this is the same question asked here. Such an honest and open question. This helps level set your clients expectations. As a photographer, I would say hands down yes (totally bias here lol)! You have the venue for a few hours, your flowers won’t last forever, your attire will hang in your closet for years and your memories will last as long as well…you can remember.
- Your wedding photographs and wedding video are a few tangible elements of your wedding day that will last for generations to come and will continue to help tell your love story. Going through your album or watching your wedding video will bring back those emotions, feelings, expressions and you will fall in love with your spouse all over again.
What experience do you want to have with your wedding photography?
- Another honest question. And also, you get what you pay for. Just be mindful of this. If you want someone that comes in on the day, provides coverage and delivers images, there is a photographer for you.
- To be honest, I am not that photographer. I provide an end to end experience not just on your wedding day, but through your wedding journey. You can inquire here to find out more!
- As an experienced vendor, I am the additional person to lean on (the first person is your wedding planner-obvi), bounce ideas off of and really design a curated photography experience for you and your fiance. We can be as hands on or as hands off as you would like. We also take the time after your wedding to curate your heirloom elements such as wedding albums, framed photographs and wall art.
What stage of investing are you in for your wedding photography?
- Different stages includes
- Window/Price Shopping
- This is when you reach out to 20+ photographers and see who is actually in your investment range. You really don’t know what type of photography you want for your wedding, you are just trying to get a feel for wedding photography.
- This is when you know your style or vision for your wedding day. In addition to, you know your investment range. As a couple, you have your Top 5 photographers in mind and now its time to reach out to talk to your photographer. You are seeing which photographer you vibe with, asking all the important questions about the photographer’s process, structure, how they are on wedding day.
- This is between your top 2. Both of your selections have everything you are looking for, they are within your investment range and now you have to make the decision!
- With any stage you are in, you should be transparent with your photographer. Whether you are just window shopping or you are down to the top 3 just be honest. Your photographer will really appreciate it!
Is generational storytelling important to you within your wedding photography?
- Generational storytelling is for your love story to last through different generations. At the end of the day, your digital files can become corrupt, your computer (with your wedding photographs) has crashed and you did not print your photographs or have some type of album.
- When I was younger, I always remember pulling out my parents wedding album and images and asking a bunch of questions about their day. I think it’s important to include the next generation in the discussion around their parent’s love story. It helps the kids and future generations really understand love, emotions etc. in addition to their parents showing this daily.
Hope this helps you through your wedding journey. Until next time!
If you are interested in working with Tori Del Photography please reach out, www.toridelphotography.com
Your wedding photographer shouldn’t be a stranger on your wedding day. Tori Del Photography creates a personal/lasting relationship by supporting you not just on your wedding day but throughout your wedding journey.
This blog is for ALL sophisticated couples madly in love. And when we say ALL we do include our LGBTQIA+ couples because THEY TOO DESERVE to be madly in love. We provide suggestions for your wedding day based on years of experience, partnerships with wedding vendors and the fact that you are NOT alone in this journey. Your dream is possible with a team!