Welcome Back Lovebirds,
Today we are diving into the 5 questions a Planner should ask their couples before referring a photographer for their wedding photography. These questions will help set expectations as well as a realistic mindset when investing in photography services for your couple’s wedding day. Let’s dive in!
5 Questions a Wedding Planner should ask their couple before referring a photographer
Is wedding photography important to you?
- Such an honest and open question. This helps set your client’s expectations. As a photographer, I would say hands down yes (totally bias here lol)! You have the venue for a few hours, your flowers won’t last forever, your attire will hang in your closet for years and your memories will last as long as well…you can remember.
- Your photographs and video are a few tangible elements of your wedding day that will last for generations to come and will continue to help tell your love story. Going through your album or watching your wedding video will bring back those emotions, feelings, expressions and you will fall in love with your spouse all over again.
What is your investment for a wedding photographer?
- This is super key! Do not…I repeat DO NOT refer a photographer to your client that is way out of investment range. What I mean by this is, if your client’s investment range for photography services is $1500, DO NOT refer your client to a photographer whose STARTING investment is $9000. I know this example is extreme, but I just want everyone to understand what I mean lol.
- This also helps set expectations with what photographer your client is ready to invest in.
What is your wedding aesthetic?
- It is important that your couple hires a photographer that will match their aesthetic for their wedding. There is such a wide range of photography types as well as editing styles so you want to make sure that your photographer lines up with your couple’s vision of their wedding day.
- Some editing styles include: true to color, rich and vivid, and film aesthetic.
- Some photography types include: photojournalism, fine-art and candid.
Are you looking for a wedding photographer that offers products as well?
- From a photographer’s POV, everyone should invest in products lol. Products such as albums, frame photographs, and wall art continue to tell couple’s love stories through generations to come. There have been times that I personally have lost family photographs due to a corrupted hard drive or a bent/broken USB. And now I print photographs every chance I get!
Are you interested in wedding videography as well?
- Most…MOST…did I say most…MOST of the time, companies that offer both have dual investments for photography and videography. This is one less thing you as the planner or your couple will have to worry about because they have one point of contact for both services.
- Now with adding on this additional service, this does mean that your couple will need to revisit their photography investment. The reason why is, your client will have to invest more BECAUSE they are asking for TWO services. Photography and videography are different and typically for coverage, there are a set of photographers AND a set of videographers.
Next time we will dive into 5 questions you as a couple should ask when you’re looking for your wedding photographer.
If you’re interested in working with us, feel free to visit our website. www.toridelphotography.com
If you are interested in working with Tori Del Photography please reach out, www.toridelphotography.com
Your wedding photographer shouldn’t be a stranger on your wedding day. Tori Del Photography creates a personal/lasting relationship by supporting you not just on your wedding day but throughout your wedding journey.
This blog is for ALL sophisticated couples madly in love. And when we say ALL we do include our LGBTQIA+ couples because THEY TOO DESERVE to be madly in love. We provide suggestions for your wedding day based on years of experience, partnerships with wedding vendors and the fact that you are NOT alone in this journey. Your dream is possible with a team!
[…] services for your wedding day. Let’s dive in! Some of these might look familiar, check it out here but this is for what couples should think […]